Pages

SPECIAL NOTE 4/19/11: Wow!!! I've received tons of love via email and twitter/fb messages.  Remember that you can comment on each post. Feel free to leave your thoughts here as well. xoxo

Fat

A few nights ago, we went out for an impromptu drink with his business partners and had a nice, quiet time. When we got in, he did his usual: removed his shoes outside my bedroom door, grabbed my laptop and the remote and started his simultaneous channel and internet surfing. I went to the kitchen to cook him his fav late-night crap snack then we settled into our routine: Him sitting on the floor, silently devouring his food while watching some show that causes me to roll my eyes incessantly, and me sitting on the bed doing a puzzle…secretly watching the crap show as well. (Shhh….)

The entire evening was predictable until about 15 minutes later when he broke his silence: “That was great. Thanks. Wow, this is a really nice plate, Ives! You have good taste.” LOL He’s right. It is a nice plate.


When I found these, I loved that they were simplistic in the plain white yet had character through the asymmetrical design.  These plates are small enough to use as "casual use" dinner plates and large enough to convert to a platter for appetizers and buffet items when entertaining. These were exactly what I was needed and the price was right.


I tend to avoid plates with  much pattern and/or color because, in my opinion, it makes the food look dizzy and unappetizing. After all, can you thoroughly enjoy your medium rare Steak au Poivre with roosters, clowns and cows dancing around the plate tormenting you? Personally, if i'm eating steak, I don't want to look at a cow. It's bad enough that meat is murder. I prefer not to view the victim's extended family while chowing down on Uncle James. LOL That's just inconsiderate.


Now I'm not totally against all color and design. I just don't find the crazy themed plates appealing or appetizing.


I happen to love Pfaltzgraff Patio Garden.
 


Pfaltzgraff Folk Art is charming.
Pfaltzgraff Folk Art



I plan on purchasing a few Parisian Fruit small plates for Saturday breakfast parties.

If you find yourself a victim of unappetizing dinnerware, please take a jaunt on over to your local department store to refresh your collection.  Crate & Barrel is classic and will never fail you.  Of course, everyone's current or past favorite, Peir 1 Imports has nice things. Kohls carries most trusted brands: Mikasa, Pfaltzgraff, Nikko and The Food Network.  I long to own several of the collections at Neiman Marcus . They are to die!! *drool*

It's easy to forget that the canvas is just as important as the subject. Take pride in all aspects of the presenting of your meals.  Ugly dinnerware is not fair. LOL It's not fair to the food or the cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics